- Virtual CFO Services
- Forensic Accounting
Forensic Accounting Litigation
Forensic accounting is the process of using accounting skills to determine if a crime, such as fraud or embezzlement, has occurred. Hovland Forensic & Financial offers forensic and litigation consulting services to help companies and organizations uncover lost funds or prove misuse. Our forensic accounting and forensic litigation investigations provide independent technical accounting and forensic expertise in complex litigation and internal investigation matters. The goal is to ensure that your financial information is accurate or to pursue litigation against a party who may be operating illegally.
Why Use Our Forensic Accounting and Litigation Support?
Our forensic accounting litigation services are designed to provide you, as a business owner, with insight into where your money is going, who is spending it, and what misuse may be occurring. A professional consultant from Hovland Forensic & Financial can help you understand the technical legal jargon and provide useful legal advice and perspective. If you are struggling to balance accounts or consistently facing less-than-desirable profit margins even as your company grows, it may be time to reach out for forensic litigation support.
The success of your business depends on access to accurate financial reports. If someone isn’t recording details properly or is embezzling from you, it could limit your organization’s ability to keep the doors open. With forensic accounting and litigation support, we can help minimize these risks to your company and protect enterprise value.
Our litigation accounting services are comprehensive, covering many industries and types of financial risks, including:
Business Disputes & Shareholder Disputes
- Quantification of damages in breach of contract or misappropriation of funds.
- Rebuttal of economic damage reports from opposing expert witnesses.
- Expert Consulting & Trial Assistance
- Analyze and verifying of financial and operating records.
- Analysis of industry data to determine the effect on profit related to the interruption.
- But-For method to determine pre-loss projected performance versus actual performance.
- Collaborating With Other Experts
- Written Report & Expert Testimony
- Business & Shareholder Disputes
- Employment Litigation
- Lost Profits
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Asset Tracing
- Kickback Misappropriation
- Bankruptcy Embezzlement
- Financial Condition Analysis
- Lost Profits
- Impact Inventory on Hand
- Loss Production
- Misappropriation from Homeowner Management Company
- Cash Flow Modeling
- Lost Opportunity
- Business Interruption & Lost Profits
- Examining non-loss related events and conditions that may impact sales.
- But-For Analysis on Pre and Post Even Occurrence
- Embezzlement & Employee Theft
- Compare Homogeneous Populations
- Analyze Financial & Non-Financial Data for Specific Events
- Benford’s Law
- Gap Detection
- Profile Customer Data
- Data Stratification
- Data Visualization
Expert Witness Rebuttal
- Review & Recalculate Opposing Expert’s Report
- Complete & Discuss Incorrect Methods/Assumptions
- Report & Assist in Expert Witness for Testimony
Why Trust Hovland Forensic & Financial with Your Needs?
With our years of experience and dedication to providing accurate, detailed information to our clients, Hovland Forensic & Financial is your go-to resource for forensic litigation support. We want to help your business thrive. In order to do that, you must have access to the most accurate and transparent information available. As a trustworthy, dedicated team of professionals, we are here for you. Contact Hovland Forensic & Financial today to get immediate help for your litigation matters.